Just because the Emmy Awards are over doesn't mean the fun has ended! The stars from TV's biggest night kept the good times rolling at the various afterparties following the big award show. Sofia Vergara and her Modern Family castrates proved to be the biggest party animals as they hopped between Fox's official bash, HBO's postshow fete, and the Governors Ball. Meanwhile, Claire Danes floated around the Governors Ball and HBO's party to meet up with friend Lena Dunham and show off her new Emmy award. But the biggest revelers of the night had to have been the Breaking Bad cast, who celebrated their outstanding drama series win with kisses, hugs, and lots of dancing. Click through to see those stars and many, many more at the best Emmys afterparties.
1. Traditional with a twist: These little accessories are the perfect blend of functional and stylish, as Nicole showcased at the Cannes Film Festival. Style the top of your hair with plenty of volume, slick the sides toward the back, and secure with an embellished barrette or two.
2. In alignment: Two barrettes stacked on top of each other make for an interesting (and functional) look, like Cara's accented sideswept style. Stacking also looks gorgeous with a handful of bobby pins.
3. Classic with curls: Zooey displayed the easiest and most classic way to wear your barrette: in a chic half-updo. Add some loose curls to your hair before teasing around the crown. Gather the hair from your ears up at the back of your head and secure with your barrette. The bolder the better.
Zooey Deschanel is the queen of quirky nail art designs. With New Girl as funny as ever, Zooey always finds a way to makeup us laugh with her slapstick comedy. Hopefully this roundup of her best manicures will keep you smiling and inspire an impromptu trip to the salon — even some DIY nail sessions at home.
The 2013 upfront presentations have taken over Los Angeles this week, and they've provided the perfect opportunity for stars to show off their stellar red carpet style. At last night's Fox party, Minka Kelly paired a green printed, one-shoulder dress with black ankle-strap sandals, while Lea Michele looked bright in a pink, floral Lela Rose dress with silver metallic pumps. Zooey Deschanel proved the most covered up in a black circle skirt topped with a black sequined jacket, and her New Girl costar Hannah Simone was ladylike in a black dress with a vibrant garden print. Tell us: which Fox star's look gets the best ratings?
Zooey Deschanel has made a name for herself in the nail art world, and it's all thanks to celebrity nail technician Tom Bachik, who has also created red carpet nail designs for Jennifer Lopez and Anne Hathaway, too. We sat down with Bachik to discuss the upcoming trends of the season, and he even spills his tips on getting red-carpet-worthy manicures without spending your afternoon at the salon. Watch here to find out all about it! On Kirbie: Bebe dress.
Zooey Deschanel got some support from her New Girl costars when the cast attended PaleyFest in LA yesterday. We got a chance to talk to Max Greenfield, who gave us a teaser about his character Schmidt's new love interest and what's in the stars for his relationship with the now-engaged Cece. He said, "I don't know, I really don't know what's happening. We kinda go episode by episode and I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that Cece is doing her thing."
Now that New Girl is preparing to go on hiatus, Zooey has another project on her plate — a new album and a Summer tour with her band, She & Him. She recently released a new single, "Never Wanted Your Love," which features Zooey's trademark vocals over bandmate M. Ward's music. She & Him's tour will kick off on June 13 and last through July 11.
Zooey Deschanel graces the cover of Glamour's February issue, which arrives on newsstands Jan. 8. Since New Girl debuted in 2011, the show — and Zooey — have racked up multiple Golden Globe and Emmy nominations. On Jan. 13, Zooey will find out if she takes home the Golden Globe for best actress in a TV comedy or musical. Inside the magazine, Zooey discusses her "oddly controversial" TV character, whether she feels pressured to look a certain way, and dating advice. Here's more from Zooey Deschanel in Glamour:
- On her New Girl character: "I'm just being myself. There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can't be feminine and be feminists and be successful?"
- On feeling pressures to look a certain way: "I don't. But actresses have definitely gotten thinner over the course of my lifetime. Women I admired growing up — Debra Winger, Diane Keaton, Meryl Streep — were all beautiful and thin, but not too thin. There are a lot of actresses who are unhealthy-skinny — much, much too skinny. You can't Pilates to that. I'm a very small person, and if I lost 15 pounds, I'd look like them; it's scary. For young girls, what does that say? You need to look this way to be successful? That's not true. You do not need to look or be anorexic to be successful in Hollywood. The range of what's acceptable is larger than what people believe."
- On giving friends dating advice: "It depends on the people. Everyone has to make some compromises . . . I think of my parents, who have been married for 40 years, and my grandparents, who were married for 69 years before my grandfather passed away. My dad is so sweet; he's always like, 'Your mom is a better cook than any restaurant.' And I remember my grandfather looking at my grandmother, saying, 'She's the most beautiful woman in the world.' You can't get any better than that. But we live in a different time. I don't get it when people just have the goal of meeting someone — then it's only about the goal. I've never been a five-year planner."
Photo courtesy of Ellen von Unwerth for Glamour
Jimmy Kimmel was the master of ceremonies for another successful Primetime Emmy Awards in LA on Sunday evening. Jimmy kicked off the show with his latest star-studded skit which featured Zooey Deschanel, Connie Britton, Lena Dunham ,and more. Homeland and Modern Family were the big winners of the evening, though there were tons of fun and funny highlights throughout. Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad gave one of the most animated acceptance speeches of the evening, ending with a very emotional shout-out to his fiancé. Claire Danes also sent out some love to her "baby daddy," husband Hugh Dancy, without whom, she said, none of this would mean anything.
Seth MacFarlane had an actual onstage blunder when he didn't walk up to the correct mic stand, and Ellen DeGeneres had her own embarrassing moment when she stepped on stage without her pants on. In other highlights, Louis CK was a big winner of the night, Jon Stewart had to fight his way to the stage to accept his 10th Emmy for The Daily Show, and Michael J. Fox earned a standing ovation when he stepped on stage to present Modern Family with its best comedy series win. Stay tuned for our behind-the-scenes coverage and don't forget to check out all our Emmys fashion and beauty polls!
Zooey Deschanel may have wowed in a Prada gown at the Golden Globes, but her nails were equally dressed up in little tuxedos. Zooey is known for her love of perfectly decorated manicures, and this black and white look was the talk of the red carpet. Watch our video to find out how easy it is to re-create this look at home. Your nails will be best dressed in no time.
InStyle hosted another of its famous post-Golden Globes bashes at the Beverly Hilton Hotel last night! As always, the magazine gathered some of the biggest stars from TV and film. Will Arnett and Amy Poehler joked around on the party's red carpet, while Sofia Vergara prepped to celebrate Modern Family's best comedy series win. Rachel Zoe wore a dress from her own collection to mingle with friends, and Orlando Bloom threw an arm around his Dolce and Gabbana-clad wife Miranda Kerr on the way inside.
Miranda and Orlando didn't have projects in the running last night, but they had plenty to toast anyway — Orlando had a birthday Friday, and Miranda was just named a new celebrity ambassador for Qantas Airways. They had plenty of famous pals to share Moët with last night, including Kate Beckinsale, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Zooey Deschanel. Other Globes winners like The Help's Octavia Spencer, Boss's Kelsey Grammer, and Luther's Idris Elba. To see photos of them all en route to InStyle's bash, check out our gallery.